Energy Audit is the key to a systematic approach for decision-making in the area of energy management. It attempts to balance the total energy inputs with its use, and serves to identify all the energy streams in a facility. It quantifies energy usage according to its discrete functions.
As per the Energy Conservation Act, 2001, Energy Audit is defined as “the verification, monitoring and analysis of use of energy including submission of technical report containing recommendations for improving energy efficiency with cost benefit analysis and an action plan to reduce energy consumption”.
In general, Energy Audit is the translation of conservation ideas into realities, by lending technically feasible solutions with economic and other organizational considerations within a specified time frame.
The energy audit is sometimes called an energy survey or an energy analysis, so that it is not confused with a financial audit. The energy audit is a positive experience with significant benefits to the facility.
The term “audit” should be avoided if it clearly produces a negative image in the mind of a particular business, organization, or individual.
BASIC COMPONENTS OF AN ENERGY AUDIT
The audit process starts by collecting information about a facility’s operation and about its past record of utility bills. This data is then analyzed to get a picture of how the facility uses – and possibly wastes – energy, as well as to help the auditor learn what areas to examine to reduce energy costs. Specific changes – called Energy Conservation Measures (ECM’s) –are identified and evaluated to determine their benefits and their cost effectiveness.
These ECM’s are assessed in terms of their costs and benefits, and an economic comparison is made to rank the various ECM’s.Finally, an Energy Action Plan is created where certain ECM’s are selected for implementation, and the actual process of saving energy and money begins.
GOALS OF THE ENERGY AUDIT
- Clearly identify types and costs of energy use.
- Understand how energy is being used – and possibly wasted.
- Identify and analyze more cost-effective ways of using energy.
- Improved operational techniques.
- New equipment, new processes or new technology.
- Perform an economic analysis on those alternatives and determine which ones are cost-effective for your business or industry.
TYPES OF ENERGY AUDITS
- Type I – also called walk-thru or checklist.
- Type II – also called Mini-audit.
- Type III – also called Maxi-audit.
- Investment grade audit.
- Master Audit.
MAJOR SYSTEMS TO CONSIDER
- Building Envelope
- HVAC System – people comfort
- Electrical Supply System
- Boiler and Steam System / Furnace and Ovens
- Hot Water System – domestic
- Compressed Air System
- Motors – that I can see
- Special Purpose Process Equipment
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM AUDIT BY MG
- Performance study of all electrical equipment’s like transformers, motors, pumps, compressors, HVAC/AC, Lighting etc.
- Validation of cable sizing and voltage regulation.
- Performance study of various accessories like capacitors, UPS system etc.
- Determination of various ongoing losses.
- Recommendations for energy savings and proper monitoring.
THERMAL SYSTEM AUDIT BY MG
- Performance study of various thermal equipment’s like DG, Furnace, Ovens, Boilers.
- Steam leakage testing, steam trap assessment.
- Insulation testing.
- Identification of various losses.
- Recommendations for energy conservation and proper monitoring.
- Guide for best suitable technology available.
AREAS OF ENERGY AUDIT BY MG
Transformers , HT/LT Panels, Earthing, Electrical Distribution Networks , Distribution Boards, Major equipments, DGs/UPSs, Lightings, Heating Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC), Cables/Ducts/Shafts, Thermal systems like Boiler/Furnace/Ovens, Insulation, Compressors/Motors/Pumps, UPS/Battery/Capacitor banks, Noise/Air Quality, Access Control, Best Maintenance & Monitor Practice.
MG – A TEAM OF ENERGY EXPERTS
MG, a team of highly qualified energy professionals aims to target various sectors of energy domain and help country in its sustainable development. We specialize in creating a custom plan to achieve your goals. We then execute that plan to the highest quality standards and provide support for your system with long warranties.
MG consists of BEE Certified Accredited energy auditors, BEE Certified Energy Auditors, BEE Certified Energy Manager, Industrial experts and young dynamic Energy professionals. With its rich profile of experts, MG guarantees to provide you best solutions related to energy audit consultancy. We possess all important technicalities and necessary instrumentation for carrying out electrical safety audit.
GO FOR ENERGY AUDIT,
SAVE ENERGY, SAVE MONEY